Smoked sausage, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, a cheddar cheese (above)
Frittatas have become a DELICIOUS & QUICK breakfast staple in my meal prep. Perfect way to get in your protein, a variety of veggies (fiber), & diary (if you add cheese)! The great thing about the Frittata is that the options are almost endless. I love to try a variety of meats, veggies, cheese options OR just do without the meat all together! Because of the heartiness of the tomatoes & mushrooms I don’t feel like a miss a thing!
Bacon, spinach, turkey & mushroom fritatta (above)
Another great thing about this breakfast option is that it takes me less than 30 minutes to make! Its a staple in my meal prep as of late and will last me up to 3-4 days.
How would you like to have Insider Access into my kitchen & see how I made this meal ON VIDEO???—> Click here to come hang out with me in the kitchen!. Becoming a member our Life Changers family gives you unlimited access to our “how to” meal prep, healthy cooking AND grocery shopping video tutorials! Not only that, you get access to our healthy recipe finder tool. With just a click of a button you access a variety of breakfast, lunch, dinner & healthy snack ideas that you can print off and prepare in your kitchen. And this is just a 1/4 of the BENEFITS. Check it out!
So here’s the RECIPE guys! Remember to SHARE, PIN & SHARE US with a FRIEND!
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 whole smoked sausage link, sliced
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 whole eggs plus 6 egg whites
- fresh garlic or garlic powder, sea salt and freshly ground pepper, basil, or Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Place oven rack above 8 inches from broiler and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs until light and fluffy. Add your cheese and season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- Heat a medium size oven safe skillet to medium heat.
- Add smoked sausage or meat of choice to pan and cook until done (165 degrees F inside) approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove sausage from pan & clean out your pan.
- Now diced tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to your pan. Add in egg mixture and reduce to low heat and shake pan to level ingredients.
- Let sit on burner for ~2 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the frittata has set. (the eggs don’t wiggle when you shake the pan). Turn oven to broil; place pan on rack under broiler for 2 mintues, until browned.
- Remove from heat, slice, serve and ENJOY!