Author: Lashonda Jones of Core Elevation Fitness & Wellness
How to Master the “Inner” Game of Weight Loss
We live in a world where a lot more attention is placed on the outward appearance not realizing that it’s what’s on the inside (mindsets and attitudes) that can either make or break your weight loss success. Proper diet and exercise are still major playing factors when trying to lose weight. However, they are not the cure all when it comes to effective and sustainable weight loss.
If old mindsets and attitudes are holding you back from permanent weight loss, then let’s tackle that first. How do feel about yourself? Do you truly feel that you deserve to look and feel your best? Do you say “I can” more than “I can’t”? Are you making excuses or making opportunities?
Know the truth, and the truth shall set you free
Ever notice how some people lose a lot of weight and then gain a lot of it back. From the outside looking in, the weight gain may appear as laziness, greediness, or a lack of self control. The “inner” truth, however, is that some of the same old habits are still running the show, ruining any chances at weight loss success.
It is entirely possible for you to master the art of weight loss by following these 3 “inner” truths:
- Strengthen the Roots that Create the Fruit. On our tree of life, we each bear fruits called results. Our fruits can either be pleasurable or displeasing, depending upon their roots. Many times people avoid digging to the root cause of their weight gain, in fear of what they might find. You can’t change the fruit that’s already hanging from the tree. You can, however, choose to cut the old habits and mindsets off at the root. By making changes to the roots, you take the first essential step to changing your fruits.
- Your Outer World is Simply a Reflection of Your “Inner” World. A person who is inwardly goal driven, disciplined, and focused has the ability to get the results they want because they’re willing to do what it takes to get there. How you think determines your decisions, your decisions determines your actions, which eventually determines your results. When you choose to eat the wrong things, barely exercise, and easily break under pressure, it shows for the entire world to see. If how you think does not foster your weight loss success, now is the time to make that change.
- Life or death is in the power of the tongue. Have you ever found yourself saying things like I’m too busy to exercise, It’s too late to loose the weight, I’ll start it next week, or exercise is for skinny people. These very powerful words have a long lasting effect on your success to weight loss. If you want to loose the belly fat, bat wings, and chubby thighs you must first loose the defeated attitude. If everything in you says “I CAN and I WILL lose the weight” then physically, mentally, and spiritually things will begin to line up with what you declared.
Begin feeding positive declarations into weight loss plan. Take just 5 minutes and daily begin making positive declarations over your weight loss success. Place both hands on your head and say each declaration out loud:
- “I can do anything I set my mind to do!”
- “I deserve to look and feel great!”
- “I will make the time and stay committed!”
- “I owe this to MYSELF!”
- “I will loose the weight and the time is now!”
If what you read really resonated with you and healthy weight loss is your goal and then we invite you to become a part of our Life Changers Family! >>>CLICK HERE <<< to learn more out about how we can help you reach your goals through our online fitness, nutrition & wellness membership program. Become a part of our family with unlimited access to every tool you need to live a physically, mentally & spiritually healthier life.
Hope to see you inside!